Pages

Translate

Monday, October 17, 2011

Ah Fresh Air

I love Autumn.  On a nice day, the air is so nice and crisp.  The leaves are all changing color and it just feels like you can breathe so deeply, while walking around in warm sweaters.  Yesterday we went to the pumpkin patch so the boys could pick out some pumpkins for carving purposes.  They also have a little hay maze for kids to run through, and farm animals to ogle.  I was looking at pictures of the boys from last year as compared to this year at the same farm.  Can't believe how much they've grown.  This year Grady was also not afraid of the animals.  Last year he shook with fear when he saw the baa baa black sheep, goat, and pigs.  This time around he didn't need to be held and was offering them his fingers as snacks.
Foster's Farm 2010
Foster's Farm 2011

Pumpkin Picking 2011
Pumpkin Picking 2010

What I also can't believe is how tiring it is to be outside.  I would have thought both these boys would have been snoring the whole way home from the farm, but instead it was me that was having a hard time keeping my eyes open.  Why is it like that?  Shouldn't being outside in the fresh air leave you energized?  I think I should have at least had the energy afterwards to carve the pumpkins we picked.  Ah well, now we have something to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment