Pages

Translate

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nervous and Excited

Tomorrow marks the first day of classes towards my Masters in Nutrition.  And I'm so nervous!!  I can't really explain the nerves I'm feeling.  Am I afraid I won't be able to keep up?  No.  I've got 7 years of hospital experience under my belt and a strong desire to get my hands dirty and learn more than my brain can possibly hold.  I think what makes me nervous is the fact that despite my best efforts, I've become somewhat accustomed to conversations with preschoolers.  Not that these aren't interesting in their own way, but answering "why mommy?" eighty times in a row doesn't really prepare me for forming scientific hypotheses.  My 5-year-old just informed me, as I was taking him to bed, that someone was controlling his butt as he farted the entire way to his room.  That kind of discussion doesn't really help me to determine the etiology of gas production, since I'm pretty sure the root cause of his was broccoli and not someone with a remote control.  So when it comes to getting back into the scholarly mindset I'm a little apprehensive.  Perhaps this will subside once class begins and I get into a routine.  More than anything, I can hardly wait for the opportunity to expand on what I already know and to nail down all those nagging little questions that I've had since my undergraduate days.  And at least I will always have my boys around if I need to develop new interview questions regarding bowel movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment