Pages

Translate

Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Color Wheel for Scents

Today I was thinking, while doing laundry, that perhaps I should develop something like a color wheel for scents.  With the color wheel you begin with the primary colors and you can see where they overlap and form new colors.  If red and blue overlap you get purple.  If red and yellow overlap you get orange.  Okay, so with the scent wheel, you could take two very unique scents, overlap them, and Voila! it tells you what scent you will get.  Why would this come in handy?  Because it could help me explain how a laundry hamper full of clothes from two potty trained boys could possibly smell like pure poop at the bottom.  Clearly no one dropped messy underwear in there, so it must have been a combination of two unique scents that somehow managed to burn my nostrils as I reached for that last sock.  Bleh!  If I had the scent wheel, I would have known what not to mix together.

What has this experience taught me?  Perhaps a plastic or wicker hamper would be a great replacement for the current cloth variety we possess.

1 comment: