Pages

Translate

Monday, August 29, 2011

Investing in AA


I was thinking this morning as I swapped out yet another set of dead AA batteries, that perhaps in this down economy it would be a good idea to invest in batteries.  I don't mean investing in a battery company like Duracell or Energizer, I was thinking maybe we could trade batteries based upon size.  Like a commodities market.  I would be investing in something like AA batteries because we go through those like they're toilet paper, but a hard-of-hearing gentleman might want to invest in hearing aid batteries, or a jeweler would invest in watch batteries.  Christmas time would naturally cause the AA market to tick up, while after the fireworks on the 4th of July, the hearing aid batteries would be in full swing.

Perhaps I need more coffee this morning.  Or maybe I'm just tired of the Energizer commercials which make me think those batteries will last forever, when in fact they last maybe two days in a Wii controller.  Even the batteries in my home phone are inconsistent after a year of sporadic use.  Time to pick up some of those rechargeable puppies before we break the bank with all our electronic devices, and before we run out of room in our dead battery jar - which I have no idea how to dispose of properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment