Pages

Translate

Saturday, September 10, 2011

There's a lady I know...


... if I didn't know her... she'd be the laaaatteeee (long pause), I didn't know.  Now my lady she went downtown (in a whiny Aerosmith-style voice).  She bought some broccoli.  She brought it hoooommmme.  She's chopping...

Ah, is there really anything more satisfying than going out to your backyard garden and chopping a bowl full of broccoli and cooking it up for dinner?  No I didn't pollinate those seeds.  Crap, I didn't even start the plants from seeds I bought them already growing.  But it doesn't matter.  I weeded out the garden plot.  I created underground irrigation.  I planted those beautiful little plants that grew into broccoli giants.  And now I lovingly cut those broccoli stalks in just the right spot so the broccoli just keeps coming.  For those of you who have never had veggies that were fresh from the garden, I'm so sorry.  They're unlike anything you've ever tasted.  Even fresh produce at the grocery store doesn't come close to comparing.  The florets are so nice and meaty, not cramped and lacking flavor.  And the boys love it too as a day later they can amuse themselves by running around the house farting and giggling.  Ahhh broccoli.  How I love you.  And clearly I'm not alone.  After all, legendary music was created about you.  See... http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/derek-stevens-chopping-broccoli/2729/

2 comments:

  1. Bella pronounced your broccoli "totally awesome" and then a few bites later, "fabulous, really". She only let me have one bite, little piggy ate it all herself! The one bite was delish - thank you. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you lovingly cut the stalks in just the right spot. You know how we feel about fresh broccoli around here too. I'm so glad I know you, Broccoli Lady.

    ReplyDelete