Pages

Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Waiting

How can the thought of home ownership (again) have me ready to grind my teeth off?  We bit the bullet and submitted an offer for a foreclosure around the corner from where we are currently renting.  The house is total crap.  The bones seem good, and everything appears to work, but the previous owners just never cleaned or updated it.  It was built in 1991, so it's not terribly old, but you would think the carpets hadn't been cleaned since the 90's.  All the appliances are still in it, which is strange to see since foreclosed houses often have everything of value torn out prior to the bank taking the property back.  Yet things like the atheletic wallpaper border in one of the kids bedrooms was removed??  Strange.  Anywhoo.  So here we sit.  We made an offer, the bank countered our offer, and we countered their counter offer.  And that put us at the end of their business day.  I feel like I could puke I'm so nerved up.  I don't remember being this way the first time we bought a house, although maybe if I had been then we wouldn't have gotten into the mess which that house turned out to be.  And as I continue to ramble in an attempt to calm my stomach down... I'll stop.  Hopefully good news comes our way tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment